Pressure : 30.08 in
Dewpoint : 55.9 °
Wind : South
Addiction Interaction Disorders: Understanding Multiple Addictions with Dr. Patrick Carnes
Date(s) & Time(s)::
April 8, 2011 at 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM
Location: 2609 South Blaine, Grand Island, NE 68801
Central Nebraska Council Alcoholism & Addictions will be hosting this workshop.Return to event list.
Few alcohol/drug addicts (about 17%) have only one addiction. Usually they have a mix of addictions, compulsions, and deprivations, which creates a complex problem called addiction interaction disorder. Failure to recognize this in patients is one of the top three factors in relapse and inhibited recovery. Participants will be trained to do an addiction interaction screen. Participants will also learn about the role of alcohol & other addictions and deprivations as a solution to trauma.
Upon completing this workshop participants will successfully be able to:
1) Review characteristics of alcohol/drug addiction
2) Identify the criteria for addiction interaction disorder
3) Utilize the diagnostic criteria for addictions across multiple addictions, including alcohol & other drugs
4) Understand the role of addictions as a “solution” to trauma
5) Understand the role of alcohol/drug use and abuse and addictions as they relate to criminal behavior and/or involvement.
6) Define addiction interaction disorder
Approved for *6.0 Criminogenic Hours & *6.0 LADC CEU’s
KHASTV on Facebook