Pressure : 29.94 in
Dewpoint : 61.0 °
Wind : South
A piece of Gothenburg history burned to the ground Monday night. The Brott Auction and Gothenburg Livestock building caught fire around 4:30 Monday afternoon.
A truck of livestock was weighed and shipped out about 40 minutes prior to the first call.
About 50 firefighters from Gothenburg and Cozad responded to the call.
The building itself was completely engulfed in flames and the fire chief says it is a total loss.
The building was over 100 years old.
Early reports are that a space heater or furnace drying paint on seats inside the building is to blame for the cause of the fire.
No one was in the building when it caught fire.
KHASTV on Facebook